Saturday, September 24, 2011

Just Off Shore

Since I began posting landscape images on Facebook and since my stories have been put on hold I had been thinking about adding a snippet of writing to go with each photo here on my blog. I noticed that Lee Brazil and Havan Fellows have joined in on a similar writing exercise, starting with a photo of male hotness!

I realize landscapes are no comparison to how a blazing hunk of man meat can get you all hot and bothered, *winks* but for now I will start with the scenery that speak to me.

"Just Off Shore" 
©2011 Mika Star
 

I woke this morning determined to beat away the stress that has been plaguing me for some weeks. I threw on a pair of khaki shorts and a white tee shirt.

I jogged out to the waft, feeling the plush grass under my bare feet, followed by the patter of each on the faded wood.

I hopped down into my sallow aluminum john boat. With an oar in each hand I rowed away, putting a fair distance between the land and myself. Stopping I tossed the anchor over board. I hadn't intended to swim, but I gave in to the temptation of the calm waters. 

I dove in no longer concerned about who might see what my clothes would have otherwise hidden. Seconds later my head bobbed on the surface as I reached for the side of my silver companion.

I smelled the aroma of the burning cane fields as I watched the smoke bled into the sky dimming its brilliant blue hue.

 I gripped onto the top edge of the boat with my limbs hanging freely. content to allow the quiet current to massage my aching muscles; I watched the ivory rays of sunlight dance on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment