Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Various Movie/Book Quotes

Movies ~♥~

Hearts in Atlantis:
"You know, when you are young, you have moments of such happiness. You think you're living in someplace magical, like Atlantis must have been. Then we grow up, and our hearts break in two."

The Notebook:
--"Now you know I want to give you all the things that you want, right? But I can't, because they're gone...they're broken."
--"She had come back into his life like a sudden flame, blazing and streaming into his heart."
--"I love to paint. Most of the time, I have all these thoughts bouncing around in my head. But with a brush in my hand, the world just gets kinda quiet." ~Allie - The Notebook

Prince of Persia
--"It is said some lives are linked across time. There are certain people connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages...destiny."

The Adjustment Bureau
--"I'm not some hopeless romantic. I've never allowed myself to be that way. But once I felt, even for a moment what I felt with you. You ruined me. I didn't want to settle for less. It scares the shit out of me."

Paycheck
--"Some of the best things in life are total mistakes."

The Vow
--Leo:  "My theory is about moments, moments of impact. My theory is that these moments of impact, these flashes of high intensity that completely turn our lives upside down actually end up defining who we are. The thing is each one of us is the sum total of every moment that we’ve ever experienced with all the people we’ve ever known. And it’s these moments that become our history. Like our own personal greatest hits of memories that we play and replay in our minds over and over again."

Just WOW!

Books ~♥~

Dune by Frank Herbert
--"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

--"A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it."

--"Something burned in his eyes. There was pain in him-like a blister, all that was left of some lost yesterday that Time had pruned off him."

--"There is in all things a pattern that is part of our universe. It has symmetry, elegance, and grace--those qualities you find always in that which the true artist captures. You can find it in the turning of the seasons, in the way sand trails along a ridge, in the branch clusters of the creosote bush or the pattern of its leaves. We try to copy these patterns in our lives and our society, seeking the rhythms, the dances, the forms that comfort. Yet, it is possible to see peril in the finding of ultimate perfection. It is clear that the ultimate pattern contains its own fixity. In such perfection, all things move toward death."

Eldest
-- "In the meantime may the stars watch over you."

--"As difficult as it is, you have to learn to put aside your troubles and concentrate entirely on the task at hand. Find peace within yourself and let your actions flow from there."

No comments:

Post a Comment